Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Two Weeks Too Late

I've been working at a college since I graduated, and what started out as a temp Summer job kept stretching, and now I've been here for 5 months.  The problem is that it's an administrative position doing the same thing that I did working through college.  In a word, it's busy work--stuff I could be doing with a $40,000 degree--and while I know I have to "pay my dues" and work my way up, there is no up here that leads where I want to be.  I also always had it in my mind that after I graduated college I would live in a state out of New England for a few years. And after the two-hour commute I had last night in a snow storm, I couldn't have picked a better time or place.

After the New Year, I'm moving to California.  I don't have a job or a place to live.  Just a plane ticket. Cue the motivational music.  So I gave my two-weeks notice so that my last day would be our last day before Christmas break.  I've been a hermit for the last month or so in an attempt to save every dime I have so that moving to California wouldn't be a financial plummet. Then last Thursday, my purse got stolen from my desk at work while I was helping another student.  New camera, glasses, licence, gift cards, credit card, ATM card, cash; GONE.  $500 withdrawn from my account.  Slim chance that I will not be reimbursed by the bank for the stolen money.  It's been five days and there is still smoke coming out of my ears.  My last day is in two days, and I'm doing everything I can think of to find who it was before I leave. 

So now I've ranted through my first two blogs... that's pretty good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment